The Texas Center for Equity Promotion (TexCEP) invites you to join a community of equity-minded scholars committed to working towards equity in education and health for populations underserved by these systems.
Housed in the College of Education at UT Austin, TexCEP is an interdisciplinary research center designed to support and conduct high-quality applied research, disseminate relevant evidence-based information and train future professionals regarding the nature, origins, contexts, effects and elimination of inequities in education and health.
Community: Become part of a community of equity-minded scholars who think and work together with the vision of ultimately eliminating disparities in education and health.
- Learn about, and disseminate your own, equity-centered research efforts
- Network at TexCEP social events
- Take advantage of the TexCEP suite to meet up with colleagues, use TexCEP resources or take a coffee break
Mentorship & Consultation: Receive support from equity-minded scholars to advance your research through an equity lens.
- Find equity-minded peer and senior mentors to support your professional development
- Brainstorm equity-centered research challenges at TexCEP Bull Sessions
- Obtain individualized consultation on equity issues relevant to your grants, publications and presentations
- Strengthen your grant applications through a pre-submission review from equity-minded experts
Funding Support: Access funds and services to facilitate your equity-centered research efforts.
- Leverage a cultivated library of resources to sharpen the equity focus in your grants
- Apply for pilot grant funds to develop your equity-centered research program
- Receive individualized pre- and post-awards support for your grant applications
The community of researchers and practitioners at TexCEP invite you to consider joining us. If you are interested in affiliating with us and our work, please email the following to TexCEP@utexas.edu:
- Your CV
- A short paragraph that includes why you are interested in TexCEP, how affiliation will be helpful to you and your research program, and what skills and expertise you will bring to the TexCEP community.